David Aron, Managing Director of PDC, has acted as an Expert Witness in a number of courts and arbitration institutes including:
- London Court of International Arbitration
- Danish Institute of Arbitration, Copenhagen
- Arbitration & Alternative Resolution Institute of the Oslo Chamber of Commerce
- Arbitration Institute of Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre
- UK High Court
- Federal Court of Australia
PDC has provided expert reports for Clifford Chance, Watson Farley Williams, Eversheds, Hassans (Gibraltar), Norton Rose, Herbert Smith, Denton Wilde Sapte and Akin Gump Strauss Hauer Field (USA) as well as a number of other firms.
PDC is registered with Expert Witness, Sweet & Maxwell and the UK Register of Expert Witnesses.
Examples of disputes involved include:
- Claim regarding deviated wells for an onshore oilfield in the UK and their access via a private estate held at the High Court, London
- Claim for damages for loss of license for an oil field, Republic of Kazakhstan. PDC provided an expert witness report on the potential loss and appeared as an expert witness at the Arbitration Institute, Stockholm
- Dispute regarding development of field, Republic of Kazakhstan. PDC provided an expert witness report on pipe welding failures and the operation of a Merox unit designed to remove mercaptans
- Dispute involving the construction of facilities, Malaysia/Vietnam. PDC provided a number of expert witness reports covering design and construction of the facilities. PDC appeared as an expert witness at the London Court of International Arbitration
- Dispute involving development of an oil field, Lithuania. PDC provided an expert witness report on development of the oil field and appeared as a expert witness at the Danish Institute of Arbitration
- Dispute regarding long term testing of an oil field, Lithuania. PDC provided an expert witness report on long-term testing and international practice
- Trading standards dispute on value of solar panels as compared to oil, UK. PDC provided a long-term oil product price forecast in an expert report
- Gas exposure dispute at UK oil refinery. PDC visited the refinery and provided an expert report on the probable causes of the gas leakage
- Dispute on valve installation at Middle Eastern LPG plant. PDC provided an initial asessment of valve construction and the matter was settled out of court
- Commercial dispute involving metal working fluids, UK. PDC provided an expert report on the development of the market for metal working fluids and appeared as an expert witness at the Cardiff Mercantile Court
- Tax dispute regarding offshore oil and gas fields, Australia – in progress
- Planning dispute for gas transportation pipeline, UK. PDC acted for an owner facing disruption from the installation of a large diameter gas distribtion pipe
- Litigation regarding a joint bid for oil well, Turkmenistan. PDC provided an expert witness report on the potential loss of profits.
- Pricing and marketing of petroleum products, Ukraine. PDC provided an assessment of product pricing.
- Dispute on valuation of oil field, Russia. PDC carried out a technical and economic valuation of the field. The case was settled out of court.
- Dispute about seismic survey, Far East. The case was settled out of court.
- Litigation regarding helicopter company, Far East
“Thank you very much for your input and hard work (often on tight timelines) throughout this matter.”
Iain Maxwell, Herbert Smith, Singapore
“I would like to express my deepest thanks to you, for all your splendid efforts on my behalf as well as my deeply held appreciation for your experience, professionalism and integrity. “
“Many thanks indeed for your excellent work. [Our QC] commented again after you left how clear and helpful your report is.”
Julian Cridge, Partner, Denton Wilde Sapte LLP